Chanel Kadir: TRAVEL / AMSTERDAM

Friday, 11 April 2014

TRAVEL / AMSTERDAM


outfit 1 / miss guided jacket, forever 21 top, topman shirt, topshop jeans (DIY), topshop shoes, ebay bag, topshop sunglasses
outfit 2 / miss guided jacket, urban outfitters tee, topman shirt, topshop jeans, nike trainers, topshop sunglasses

From the 3rd to the 7th April I went to AMSTERDAM! I have been wanting to go there forever, and I finally saved up the dollar to do so and went with my best friend Izzy. It is so surreal and weird out there, the norms are completely different and trying to adjust to them is hard. You end up looking like a creep. It will always baffle me how families can take their children there or bring up there children there, and I'm only referring to central Amsterdam. North Amsterdam seems quite chill and creative with the street art buildings, skate park and a village made out of shipping containers. AMAZING! Whilst there we stayed at The Loft Gallery which is in a beautiful 400-year-old building and you do actually stay in the loft of it in an apartment which you have a shared living and kitchen area and also bathroom. I highly recommend this place to people looking to go as it is perfectly located as well. Right in the middle of everything. Whilst there we did the usually touristy things, went to museums, Anne Franks house, canal cruise (which we actually did on the River IJ with all you can eat pancakes, yum!!) Lastly, have to mention the architecture. I was in awe of how beautiful the town houses were, especially with how old some of them were. The black ones stole my heart. Also the windows are massive and all that natural light streaming through must be beautiful, especially on summer days. 





No comments:

Post a Comment