Chanel Kadir: #NYFW: Wang's down with the 90's kids

Monday, 9 September 2013

#NYFW: Wang's down with the 90's kids




ph. Lea Colombo 

Wang has done it again, he has presented us with another fresh, cool and urban-inspired collection.



 This collections main influence is the 90's, with logos and pleats shown throughout. The 90's kids watching the show would have had nostalgia when seeing the pleated mini skirts, the Explicit Content tee and logos (Alexander Wang imprinted his name on long leather gloves). The collection also involved soft pastel men buttoned shirts - which were unbuttoned to the top - over boxer shorts. This look was a particular favourite of mine as I have always been a fan of wearing your pyjamas outside of the house, showing my rather lazy and comfort-over-style personality. Now on to my favourite part of any collection - the shoes. These shoes remind me of the killer, chunky platform heels from the Prada Autum/Winter 2013 collection. However, Wang has taken that silhouette and feminised it in soft white, grey and pastel-pink hues. He has re-invented the traditional ballet pump school shoes and made them both more masculine and feminine at the same time. Wang always makes sure the soundtrack backs up his cool, urban-style with Pharoahe Monch - Simon Says (Get The Fuck Up) playing in the background as the models make their way down the minimal, industrial runway. Giving the models a badass - I don't give a fuck - attitude, it makes me want to be a Wang girl.

2 comments:

  1. ahhh wang never dissapoint, he is quickly reeling me into his web, and those amazing shoes aren't helping my situation.

    www.shade1mangos.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. ahhh wang never dissapoint, he is quickly reeling me into his web, and those amazing shoes aren't helping my situation.

    www.shade1mangos.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete