Chanel Kadir: TOPSHOP UNIQUE AW13

Tuesday, 19 February 2013

TOPSHOP UNIQUE AW13

Images: style.com
So we are all quite aware of my love for Topshop so you would understand the sheer disappoint when I woke up from an afternoon nap to realise I had missed the show. Great. Thankfully, I remembered to catch up on it when I had fully awoken and had was back in the swing of life. 
I am unconditionally and irrevocably in love with this collection. 
At first I was a bit hasty as I had read tweets saying it was cowboy-esque and I am not a huge fan of that trend. However, I think in my head, I over-exaggarated what those said people meant. Can I just off by saying how obsessed I am with those patent, pleated skirts. Definitely an improved version of the school girl chic. Paired with those chunky, oversized coats (Topshop Unique create the best coats, hands down!) and either a sheer tee or cropped tee - the look is well structured and modern. Now, onto the jumpsuits. Ever since I watched Topshop Unique AW12 show I have come to the conclusion that they also create the best god damn jumpsuits (the long sleeved velvet one? the velvet dungarees?) yes, an A* and a round of applause for you Topshop, you rock. You also suck for not notifying me that the velvet dungarees went in the sale for less than half the price. My heart has broken. Pink is my least favourite colour in the world but this pastel jumpsuit just reminds me of cute baby bunnies and I like bunnies. Also the mix of different textures and the low neck-line has tickled my fancy. However, it doesn't quite compare to the closing number, the oxblood red, sequinned jumpsuit. I think I have found for New Years Eve outfit for this year. I like the spaghetti straps and I also like how fierce and sassy Jourdan Dunn looks in it but she's just absolutely flawless and killing the catwalk this season. It may be covered in sequins but it doesn't look tacky or like it could fall apart within a minute of partying. The pop of pastel pink in an A/W collection makes it different and stand out from previous collections; as last year was all about khaki and reformed military uniforms. 

No comments:

Post a Comment