Chanel Kadir: Runway soundtrack: Alexander Wang SS13

Friday, 9 November 2012

Runway soundtrack: Alexander Wang SS13



Songs: Put Ya Back In It - DJ Sliink | Yaow - Baauer | Bonkers - Jay Fay and Ray Calium | Harlem Shake - Baauer | Epic - Sandro Silva and Quintino

I don't think I'll ever stop raving on about Alexander Wang's SS13 show. It was so effortlessly cool, sporty and with a slight touch of futurism from the metallics. However, the soundtrack to the show was genius. The music is so important for a runway show as it sets the mood of the clothes and the type of women that the designer thinks would wear these clothes. Alexander Wang's soundtrack was so fierce with the catchy beats, like the women walking down the runway to it were strong and dominant. Yes, I have downloaded this soundtrack and listen to it whilst I am walking to the bus stop and the thoughts that go through my mind are embarrassing.

Congrats Wang, you are now one of my favourite designers and I wish I could afford at least one piece from this collection so I could walk down the street feeling like a fierce bitch.

LINKS: TWITTER / TUMBLR / INSTAGRAM @BASICKLLY

2 comments:

  1. wangs show was perfect! the atmosphere, the soundtrack and of course the collection. oh and this video looks familiar to me ahah x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like your blog dear!
    Keep up with the great work!!

    XO

    ReplyDelete