Chanel Kadir: Interview #1: Erika Bowes, Handful of Fashion

Sunday, 11 November 2012

Interview #1: Erika Bowes, Handful of Fashion


images from poisonedcandyfloss

This is a new feature on my blog to help me gain some experience in contacting people and conducting interviews. To kickstart it off, the lovely Erika Bowes from Poisoned Candyfloss and Handful of Fashion.

I first found Erika around two years ago when she first started her Tumblr. I was drawn to her edgy, laidback style and her lovely personality. Since then, Erika has gotten a huge following and started a blog on Blogger which is more of a personal blog. Showing us her latest purchases, the food she loves, what she's been up to and of course her style.

Hi! Introduce yourself to us. Five interesting facts about yourself?
Five facts would be that I was born in Honolulu, Hawaii. In the exact same hotel as Barack Obama! I'm 5"7, my favourite food is Sushi and I'm half Japanese. As interesting as I get haha.

Due to the huge success of your blog on both Tumblr and Blogger you have become a style inspiration for many girls but where do you get your inspiration from?
I look at a lot of fashion bloggers blogs, polyvore collections and just celebrities like Rihanna, Miley Cyrus, Olsens etc and mix up little bits from each!

You have a diverse playlist on your Tumblr. What are five songs that you can't stop listening to at the moment?
Thank you! And I'm really getting into deep house at the moment and I'm obsessed with Annie Macs show on BBC Radio 1 but normally when I can't stop listening to a song I upload it to Tumblr haha!

You have a very distinctive style. How would you describe it?
Um, I don't really see it as a style just clothes and patterns and colours I like I'll buy and just put them with something else in my wardrobe. It changes all the time. Sometimes punk, cute or preppy.

What inspired you to create a blog?
First blogger I discovered and was inspired by was Rumi Neely (Fashion Toast) even though I don't think our styles are the same she still made me want to make a blog.

If you were to have anyone's wardrobe, who's would it be and why?
Vanessa Hudgens has been looking really good lately so maybe hers? But it would probably change next week haha.


Thank-you so much Erika for the interview.

ERIKA'S LINKS: BLOGTWITTER / TUMBLR / INSTAGRAM

1 comment:

  1. Like this interview - good choice of questions :)
    http://jt-prettychic.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete